I’m calling this lazy day crock pot lasagna because it is perfect for that lazy day, when you know you have to cook, but you really don’t want to. Your body says you want delicious comfort food, but your brain says not to do all the work. This quick and easy crock pot lasagna will fix that problem. You get the joy and the taste of a classic lasagna without doing all the work of traditional lasagna!
Lazy Day Crock Pot Lasagna
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
In a large skillet brown the beef completely and drain off any remaining fat.
Stir in all the cans of tomatoes, and seasonings.
In a 6 quart crock pot, cover the bottom with some of the sauce.
Then place a layer of ravioli across the bottom.
Then place a layer of the mozzarella cheese.
Continue this until all the meat sauce and the ravioli is used.
You want to end with the meat sauce on top.
Then top with the leftover mozzarella cheese and add the parmesan cheese on top (completely optional).
Turn off and let it sit for about 15 minutes before you serve. Cut and serve. Serve with your favorite side salad and crusty garlic bread.
Just think of all the possibilities with this crockpot lasagna recipe.
- You could throw in pepperonis.
- Use ground turkey instead of beef
- Use Italian sausage instead of beef
- Instead of the ravioli, I've used the refrigerated lasagna sheets and cut the corners off to make them an oval shape to fit my crock pot and added a layer of cottage or ricotta cheese before adding the layer of red sauce.
- Give it more of a healthy boost...Layer in veggies like diced zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, and/or even finely chopped cauliflower!
What other ways could you change this simple recipe and make it your own?